Secondary battery for fans only - R1Messagenet.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2014, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

Secondary battery for fans only

Hey guys,
Been taking the bike to work lately and its getting hot around Melbourne and hence the bike running really hot in traffic which is understandable.
I installed a manual fan switch and that made a big difference with only one problem. It seems the bike is not being able to fully recharge the battery especially after a very hot day when i flick the fan on more often(mostly sitting in traffic at idle).

At the moment, the fan is running of the main battery but i want to add another smaller battery just to run the fan of it and then i'll recharge that battery daily via trickle charger at home.

Any ideas on how much amps/watts does the fans draw? Amps i'm guessing 15 amps as per the fan switch.

I'm asking the above to try and calculate how big of a battery will i need to connect in order to get say at least half an hour of fan usage(won't be using it that much though).

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2014, 07:58 AM

honestly, if your bike is on and isnt able to recharge the battery while the fans are on, then you have a bigger problem. I use my fan switch a lot and never had a problem with the battery being drained. How are you measuring that the battery is getting too low?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the R1Messagenet.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in