How to Fight Your Speeding Ticket - R1Messagenet.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 01:08 AM Thread Starter

How to Fight Your Speeding Ticket

I've fought my speeding tickets numerous times. I had three in my car for driving 85+ on the freeways and one on my bike going 97. I've actually won three of them, but lost one (persistent cop!). Fighting your speeding ticket is actually really easy and I'm surprised more people don't do it but I bet it's probably because most don't want to go through the hassle.

Okay, so you get pulled over and you try to negotiate with the cop. Maybe you'll get lucky, but unless you're a really hot girl, it's not going to happen. So you'll receive your ticket in the mail that gives you your ticket information and also your bail amount.

You can fight your ticket by mail through Trial by Written Declaration which allows you to fight the ticket through the mail. You send in a Statement of Facts arguing your case and the cop is given the option to send a rebuttal. If the cop doesn't respond, you win. But if he does then a judge will be assigned to the case and consider both cases and make his decision. You can find the written declaration form at the CA courts website (I'm not sure how it'll work with other states...): http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/forms/documents/tr205.pdf

The form is pretty straight forward. You just fill out your name, court number, and you attach a Statement of Facts (your arguments). There's a lot of forms that you can find at Ticket Assassin: http://ticketassassin.com/docs/forms.html and there's a lot of examples you can choose from. For the one I got on my bike at 97, I was used "Example two: Speed Above 65mph was Safe for Conditions."

Just change the scenario according to yours, print and attach to the written declaration form. Before you can actually mail the written declaration, you need to pay your bail first. So you can just mail the bail and your written statement. It usually takes about 2-3 months for them to process it and mail back a response.

If you lose the trial by written declaration, you can submit what's called a Trial de Nova which basically enables you to appeal the case and actually bring it to court. But you need to submit that form within 20 days of the response date. You can find the form here: http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/forms/documents/adr102.pdf I'm not sure how it's like for other states.

Anyway, you fill out that form and submit it to the court. I would actually submit this in person just so that you can be absolutely sure that the court received it. They'll even give you a receipt. Once your court date is set, then you actually appear in court. If the officer doesn't show up, you win. If you're so unlucky that the cop argues against your written declaration and you lose the trial de nova, then you'll just have to negotiate with the judge and hopefully you can take traffic school.

I've used the above technique for 4 tickets and won 3 so I'm doing something right. Anyways, hope this helps you guys to start fighting your tickets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 08:29 AM

Well, I am agree that Fight Your Speeding Ticket is easy. It also needs a lot of your time, cash and attempt. Just because you seek the services of a excellent attorney at a relatively excellent examine does not mean greater propensities of successful the situation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the R1Messagenet.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode